To celebrate WA Day and World Environment Day, we are devoting 5 June to the State's wildlife and animals.
Join us for a day of free activities for the family celebrating Western Australia’s unique animals and wildlife. There's plenty on offer from meeting real life animals and exploring through virtual reality, to learning about creating wildlife friendly spaces in our own backyard.
- Meet some real life resident animals including a bobtail, children' s python and bearded dragon and observe their unique characteristics and natural behaviors.
- Discover how to create natural habitats in your garden with ReWild Perth. Get advice on how to build eye-catching gardens with local wildlife in mind.
- Find out some of the cool and life-saving work that happens at Perth Zoo’s vet hospital with real x-rays of their animals.
- Step into the world of entomology as you get a closer look and analyse insects through our digital microscopes.
- Experience an underwater world without getting your feet wet! Use VR to explore and have fun at the same time.
- Remember the day and get yourself a henna animal tattoo!
- Did you take part in the Wild About Drawing competition? Come in to see your entry on display in the Museum as we screen all entries.
Want to see how you size up to wildlife? Enjoy our newest exhibition Wild About Babies on your way in — a series of giant baby animal sculptures throughout the Perth Cultural Centre.
Designed by artists Gillie and Marc, Wild About Babies celebrates the incredible diversity of the animal kingdom, and builds awareness of vulnerable species.