The studio of Nixon & Merrilees
10 October 2022
27 October 2022
Fremantle photographers Nixon & Merrilees operated their photography studio on William Street, Fremantle from 1893 to about 1900. After their partnership dissolved, Nixon continued to operate a photography studio in the building until 1934 – a 40-year tenure.
Stand across the street from the building today to see how well the decorative façade of this beautiful building has been maintained.
HINT: Look for the building with Kennedy's Barbershop on the ground floor.