Thursday 20 April | 10am - 4pm
Drop and leave program
$90 per participant
Developed for children aged 8 to 12 years old
Please arrive at 9.45am to complete participant registration and consent details.
Wanted — junior property developers for Perth's gardens. Do you have what it takes to become one of the WA Museum's GARDEN BLOCKHEADS?
Your challenge — to create homes and cool hang-out spaces for Perth’s local wildlife.
Throughout the day you’ll apply some DIY tricks of the trade, including woodwork, painting & decorating and garden design, then it’s all about location, location, location! Who will move in? You’ll also get to meet some potential buyers! What are you waiting for...time to get onto the tools and make a sale! The wildlife will love you for it!
It’s going to be a full day of fun! Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and your lunch.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Create an Air Bee N Bee Hotel
- Dive into the world of plants for pollinators
- See how easy it is to create a lizard lounge
- Meet some potential visitors
- “I loved this program it was awesome. It is giving me ideas for my backyard.”
- “I liked using tools that I couldn’t use at home.”
- “I loved using the tools and it was cool looking at the museum.“
- “I loved how it was centred on caring for the environment.”
Tools, equipment and materials which may be used under strict guidance:
|Hand tools||Protective equipment||Materials|
Drop and leave programs
Drop and leave programs enable juniors to experience the Museum independently, discover and learn something new in an area of interest and access materials and resources that would not normally be available at home. All programs are managed and monitored by our experienced Learning and Engagement staff.