Museum Lab: Capturing City Landscapes
Standard | $90
Concession | $80
Junior | $80
Family | $300
This program recommended for children 8 years and over.
Capture the wonders of the city landscape in this full day program with professional photographer Paul Parin.
There are multiple viewpoints and perspectives within a city landscape, especially within the cultural precinct in which Boola Bardip is situated. Come and capture architectural features, elements of the natural world and its general cultural buzz, all with your mobile phone!
During this workshop participants will:
- Visit our newest special temporary exhibitions for inspiration | Walking with Colour and Belong
- Be introduced to a photographers basic rules of capturing iconic images on your phone, including composition, perspective and use of light
- Use these basics to complete short photographic assignments using your own mobile phone and the Museum as a backdrop
- Review, with the group, your selected images and receive professional advice and feedback
- Prepare a mini digital portfolio to take home
It's time to step outside, focus the lens and begin capturing the city landscape through your eyes.
Participants need to bring :
- Mobile phone and charger
- Lunch and drinks
- A USB for the download of your digital portfolio
Museum Lab is a monthly laboratory that will take the entire family on a journey of discovery exploring the nexus of science and art — old and new. Each month discover this full day intensive on a different topic that will help you to delve deeper into the Museum and develop your skills and knowledge.
Experience a culturally rich multimedia exhibition like no other – using a mixture of associated portraits, languages, and landscapes to showcase the rich and diverse culture within Western Australia.
Step into a world of breathtaking colour through the lens of award-winning cinematographer Michael Haluwana — recognised for his work with National Geographic, BBC, and Sir David Attenborough.