Songwriting with Felicity Groom
Wednesday 19 January 2022 | 10am - 4pm
Monday 24 January 2022 | 10am - 4pm
Drop and leave program
$90 per participant
Recommended for children aged 8 to 12 years old
Time to warm up the vocal cords, pen a few words and get into the world of songwriting with WA’s very own talented singer, producer and composer Felicity Groom.
Glance at the songwriter credits on any music site today and you’ll see that songs are more often than not written by more than one writer, in fact, for songwriting, collaboration is key.
So come and be collaborative and creative as Felicity helps you discover what it takes to write a song. Previous experience is not required!
During this workshop, participants will:
- Head to the Walking with Colour and Belong exhibitions for inspiration
- Work collaboratively to create original lyrics to a pre-existing melody written by Felicity
- Discuss the theme/s for the song, structure and lyrical content
- Construct a chorus together and then in smaller groups, construct a verse for the song
- Take home a copy of their finished product
At the end of the day, parents and care givers are invited to the premiere performance of the song by the group.
Drop and leave programs
Drop and leave programs enable juniors to experience the Museum independently, discover and learn something new in an area of interest and access materials and resources that would not normally be available at home. All programs are managed and monitored by our experienced Learning and Engagement staff.
If you register for a tour, program or an event, general entry is included in your booking.