Stop Motion Animation: Curse of the Mummy
Friday 29 September | 10am - 4pm
Drop and leave program
$90 per participant
Developed for children aged 8 to 12 years old
Please arrive at 9.45am to complete participant registration and consent details.
Did uncovering Pharaohs' tombs bring a curse or was it a clever trick? Let's find out and create a story through stop-motion.
We dare you to unravel the secrets of the curse in your own stop-motion version of the story.
Before getting down to business we’ll head to the Discovering Ancient Egypt exhibition for inspiration for your own Curse of the Mummy story. Then it’s back to the Woodside Learning Studios to do some storyboarding before selecting and manipulating your characters and scenes before filming and creating your masterpiece. Finally, we'll delve into audio to add sound, bringing your creation to life.
At the end of the day, we’ll kick back, turn off the lights and admire the creative work produced on the big screen.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Visit the Discovering Ancient Egypt exhibition for creative inspiration
- Develop a simple storyboard to map out the key events in your story/animation
- Select and manipulate characters and scenes
- Use Hue software to produce your animation
- Share your finished product with the group before taking it home
*Please note that all technical equipment required will be provided, however, please bring along a 4GB USB for download.
- “The finished product was amazing.”
- “The program was fun and I would definitely recommend it.”
- “I liked the variety of different objects and stuff we could use.”
- “It was a great fun activitie (sic) and I met new people.”
- “It was quite challenging, and the staff are very nice. 5 stars.”
Drop and leave programs
Drop and leave programs enable juniors to experience the Museum independently, discover and learn something new in an area of interest and access materials and resources that would not normally be available at home. All programs are managed and monitored by our experienced Learning and Engagement staff.