Minecraft: Building Ancient Egypt
Thursday 13 July | 10am - 4pm
Drop and leave program
$90 per participant
Developed for children aged 8 to 12 years old
Please arrive at 9.45am to complete participant registration and consent details.
Calling all Minecrafters! Are you ready to embark on an epic adventure through the ancient world of Egypt?
Step into the shoes of an ancient Egyptian architect and use your creativity and Minecraft skills to build magnificent pyramids, towering obelisks and magnificent temples that will stand the test of time.
Spend the day exploring, creating and navigating your way with our own Minecraft expert Pharoahs on hand to help.
During this workshop participants will:
- Explore the Discovering Ancient Egypt exhibition.
- Create ancient Egyptian architecture in a Minecraft world.
- Share your creation with others in the group.
Don’t forget to bring a water bottle, lunch and 4GB USB to download and save your work.
- Participants will be playing Minecraft on a PC, not a gaming console and will need to have a basic knowledge of using computer keyboards and mouse.
- All technical equipment required will be provided, however, please bring along a 4GB USB for download to take home.
“It was great. I learned a LOT of new things.”
“It was a very fun experience, and I would rate it five stars.”
Drop and leave programs
Drop and leave programs enable juniors to experience the Museum independently, discover and learn something new in an area of interest and access materials and resources that would not normally be available at home. All programs are managed and monitored by our experienced Learning and Engagement staff.
Journey along the Nile to unravel the mysteries of ancient Egypt with the must-see exhibition.